Total capacity generated by the hydropower plants (HPPs) and small power stations in Georgia is 4,243 MW. From this, 2,040 MW is in the hands of foreign investors. 47 out of 100 stations are owned by foreign investors.
We have counted the amount of those HPPs and power station, that are owned by foreigners and listed them according to their capacities:10 plants are owned by offshore companies and their total capacity is 622 MW (9 companies are owned by Holding Georgian Industrial Group, Ltd. – director general Davit Bezhuashvili).
1. 16 plants are in the ownership of Czech citizens/companies and their total capacity is 593,6 MW. 14 out of these 16 plants are owned by Energo Pro Georgia.
3. 2 plants are in the ownership of Russian companies. Total capacity 222,8 MW.
4. One plant, Vartsikhe hydropower plant is owned by a Luxembourgish company. Capacity 184 MW.
5. 3 plants are in the ownership of Dutch company. Total capacity 182 MW.
6. 3 plants are owned by Turkish company, total capacity 161 MW.
7. One plant is owned by the Chinese company. Capacity 24 MW.
8. 3 plants are owned by Georgian-British company. Capacity 21,4 MW.
9. 2 plants are owned by Georgian-Austrian company. Capacity – 10.5 MW
10. Georgian-Arabic company (Aquahydro, Ltd) owns 2 plants with total capacity of 7 MW.
11. One plant is owned by an Estonian company. Capacity 5,5 MW.
12. One small power station is owned by Israeli company. Capacity 4,2 MW.
13. One plant, with the capacity of 0,51 MW, is owned by a Georgian-German company.
14. Azerbaijani company owns one plant with the capacity of 0.5 MW.
15. One small power station is owned by a Lithuanian company. Capacity 0.43 MW.
Detailed information about HPPs and small power stations can be found on this map: